Submitting a claim

If an accident occurred abroad the normal MIB claim form is not applicable. You should write to us with full information about the accident, including details of the vehicles involved.    


Legal advice

For accidents abroad you should consider obtaining legal advice to tell you what you can claim for and how long your claim may take. You should do this as soon as possible after the accident because some countries have very short time limits in which to make a claim. Please note that, in some countries, legal costs are not recoverable.


UK Information Centre

To get insurance details and details of the UK claims representatives for insurers of EEA vehicles, you should contact the MIB’s UK Information Centre by emailing: or by calling 01908 830001. Enquiries from Europe should be emailed to: